posted Jun 10, 2010, 11:19 AM by Skye Heather McFarlane
I often wonder what Holly dreams about. Holly howls in her sleep.
She also runs, growls, barks, and whimpers in her sleep. But these are all things that she does on a daily basis, while awake. Holly ONLY howls while sleeping. She always howls three times-- no more, no less. It sounds like a fire truck siren: aaaarrrooOOOOOOooooo, aaaarrrooOOOOOOooooo, aaaarrrooOOOOOOooooo. Once, she howled so loudly that she woke herself up. She looked around as if to say, "Hey! Who's making all that racket?!"
This makes me wonder:
Stay tuned for updates on the sleep-howling mystery...
- Does Holly know she can howl? Or is it some latent, subconscious ability?
- Does Holly only encounter howl-worthy things in her sleep? Is it possible that she has crazy, instinctive, call-of-the-wild dreams about hunting in virgin forests-- despite having been raised in Lower Manhattan?
- Is she dreaming about sirens? We do have a lot of sirens in Lower Manhattan.
- Why three howls? Is she in some puppy cult with a secret code? Is she a canine crimefighter passing on the latest intel, like the bark chain in 101 Dalmations?
- If somnambulism is the act of sleep-walking, is there a term for sleep-howling?